Planning for the next day menu is always a question in my mind every night.So when I was browsing for something different and easy recipe,I spotted this recipe in my friend Aparna Kamaths blog.And I decided to prepare the same for Saturday breakfast.The toast tasted very well .....The original recipe is from Sanjeev Kapoor's blog.I modified the recipe as per our taste.It makes a great evening snack too.
Recipe adapted from: Indian Food and Recipes
Bread- 8 -10 slices or as much as needed
Potatoes-4-5,boiled and grated
Chilly powder-1 tsp
Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
Amchur powder-a pinch
Salt - to taste
Coriander leaves-2 tbsp,chopped finely
Butter- as much as needed to apply on bread
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under the list except bread and butter.
- Apply butter on both the sides and toast it until light brown on a tawa.
- The original recipe called to apply butter and toast the bread only on one side.
- Spread the potato mixture only on one side that is on the toasted side .
- Toast the potato side first on a tawa and the other side later by adding little butter or oil.
- Preheat the oven at 180 d C and grill the toast further for 5-10 minutes to make it crisp.(I used toast mode)
- Grilling step is optional.
- Once done cut it like fingers and serve it hot with tomato sauce.