Few days back during Ganesh Chaturthi festival I had sent my entry for the click and share Modak contest in Sanjeev Kapoor's page.I casually sent the picture as I had prepared the modak during the same time.After 3-4 days my sister messaged me that my facebook friend Shubha Bhandarkar has posted my winning post and I was super surprised and could not believe my ears..I was so overwhelmed to see the victory that I reached on cloud 9.Winning the contest from my favourite Chef Sanjeev Kapoorji was my dream come true.Would want to meet him someday..As I am held up with my kids exams, I am going on a little slow phase in my space.Nevertheless to celebrate the victory I prepared Rawa laddoo today to dedicate for my guru Chef Sanjeev Kapoorji and to all my well wishers and readers.This is one of the easy peasy laddoo..Thanks a lot dear all.
Recipe adapted from:Niyas world
Bombay suji (fine suji)-1 cup
Sugar-3/4 cup powdered
Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
Cashewnuts bits-3 tbsp,roasted in a tsp of ghee
- Dry roast the rawa for 10 -12 minutes until you get a good aroma.
- Cool it completely and powder it.
- Take a broad bowl,mix powdered rawa,sugar,cardamom powder and roasted cashewnuts together.
- Add melted ghee little by little and bind it well.
- Make tight laddoos from the mixture.
- If you find difficult to fold laddoos add a tsp or 2 of melted ghee.
- After sometime the laddoos will turn hard and you may store it in an airtight container.
For churmundo refer here.
The winning post and the gift hamper which I received: