Ever since the hike in onion price,preparation of North Indian dishes have been automatically reduced to a great extent.But this recipe was so tempting, I had to prepare it to crave our urge.The recipe was very simple and the result was simply tasty.I adapted this recipe from my friend Preethi Mukesh Rao who is one of the awesome cook.She comes with easy and tasty recipes and I have tried few of her recipes and liked it.This recipe is a keeper.
Ingredients for the marinade:
Chilly powder-4 tsp
Pepper powder-1/4 tsp
Chaat masala-2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste-3 tsp
Garam masala powder-1 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
Tandoori masala powder-2 tsp
Tomato ketchup-2 tbsp
Coriander leaves-4 tbsp,chopped
- Marinate the chicken with the ingredients mentioned under the table for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat butter in a pan,saute onions until translucent.
- Add green chillies and tomato and saute unitl tomatoes turns mushy.
- Add tandoori masala powder,coriander powder and cumin powder and saute for half a minute,
- Add tomato sauce and marinated chicken,check salt and add little water if required.
- Close the lid ,take a boil and reduce the flame and cook until it gets cooked.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.