Jaggery churn or godda churna is used in most of the festive sweets like godu pohu,patholi,panchkadai,modak etc....This churn can be prepared in advance and kept in the refrigerator and can be retained atleast for more than a week if there is no power failure and can be used when needed.I had not decided for this post but then I decided this is a very important post,so I have few pictures of the same.Will update with more pictures when I prepare again.Until then stay tuned for recipes using this churn or mixture.
Recipes prepared with this mixture:
Jaggery powder or whole jaggery(grated)- 1/2 k
- Take a thick kadai add water and jaggery together.
- Keep stirring it until the jaggery melts.
- Once it is melted off the flame.
- Strain the syrup in a vessel to remove any impurities.
- Jaggery syrup is ready.(thin)
- Now again keep the syrup on flame and keep stirring it every now and then.
- Remove any yellow scum like thing which floats over the top of the syrup since it is the impurities present in the jaggery.
- Keep stirring until you get a one string consistency or turns sticky.
- This process will take 20 -25 minutes where we get the jaggery syrup or paank
- You may stop after this process,cool it well and refrigerate for further use.
- Or continue the process to prepare the mixture.
- Add grated coconut and keep mixing it well.
- You may notice it will turn little watery,but don't worry.
- Keep it on high flame until all the water evaporates and becomes a well combined sticky mixture.
- Jaggery mixture is ready.
- Cool it completely and store it in a refrigerator and use it as you need.
Labels: How to?