This is a asafoetida flavored coconut chutney and is served with idli or dosa. The aroma and flavour of hing is simply catchy.One need to prepare this in large quantity while preparing mudo or idli as it is dipped, mashed and mixed well in the chutney and relished.I learnt this recipe from my Amma and is one of my favourite chutney.
Coconut-1 1/2 cups,grated
To be roasted:
Hing paste-small piece or 1/4 tsp powder
Green chillies-3,slit into 3-4 pieces
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Curry leaves-2 sprigs
- Roast the ingredients mentioned under the list for 1 minute.
- Grind it with coconut,tamarind,water as much as needed and salt to taste to a fine paste.
- Adjust the consistency like of chutney.
- Heat oil,sputter mustard seeds,curry leaves and red chillies.
- Season it to the chutney and mix it .
- Serve it with dosa,idli,mudo etc.
Labels: Chutneys and dips