Now what on Earth is this dramatic dish?Well, it is none other than Mackerel Masala fry. Bangude means Mackerel as in tulu and Raja means Mackerel as in Konkani.And rani means Queen.When Kudpimaam had posted this drooling dish two days back I tried it as early as possible, as it was so drooling.Its been a while since I'm gymming and controlling my food habits in a healthy way and have reduced rich foods to a great extent...And in this particular dish the oil used is minimum etc etc...When it comes to seafood I just cant resist myself.This dish goes well as a starter and also with the maincourse.I prefer this fish to have with the rice.You may adjust the spices as you like.For more information regarding the dish visit Kudpiraj's Garam Tawa.
Recipe adapted from: Kudpirajs Garam Tawa
Mackerels(Bangude,Raja/Raza/Razu)-4,washed,cleaned and gashed
Tamarind paste-1/4 tsp(or extract)
Coconut Oil-1 tbsp approx
Salt- to taste
Ingredients to be marinated:
Kashmiri chilly powder-4 tsp
Coriander powder-2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Garlic powder or paste-1/2 tsp
Tamarind paste-1/4 tsp(Or extract)
Salt to taste
- Marinate the fish with the ingredients mentioned under the list for an hour.
- Heat oil in pan,saute curry leaves until crisp.
- Add chopped garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and saute until light pinkish in colour.
- Add green chillies and tomatoes and cook until raw smell disappears.
- Add chilly powder,turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Add marinated fish,coat it well with the masala.
- Add the leftover marinade adding little water and close the lid for few minutes.
- Open the lid,turn the fish carefully and cook it until done.
- Serve it hot.
Labels: Non veg starters, Seafood