Shevo is a common dabbe khaann in any Amchis house.It is one of the best combo with poha chutney or beaten rice.Dabbe khaann means fried crispies which is stored in an container..Shevo or sev is one of the main ingredient of chaats like sev puri,masala puri,pani puri etc.It goes best as a tea/coffee snack too.And nothing like homemade ones.I prepared 2 batches with the below measurement.I slightly modified the recipe as per my needs.Happy Krishnashtami dear readers!
Recipe adapted from:Sharmispassions
Rice flour-1/4 cup
Coconut oil-2 tsp(heated)
Ajawain-pinch,roast it and powder
Salt- to taste
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Water-1/4 cup approx plus few tbsp
Oil- to deep fry
- Sieve besan and rice flour.
- Transfer it in a bowl,add heated coconut oil,salt to taste,turmeric powder,hing and roasted ajwain powder.
- Add water little by little and prepare a soft and sticky dough.
- Grease the sev press with oil,fill the dough until 3/4th,heat oil and prepare sev in a circular motion .
- Fry it on on both sides until crisp,it will hardly take a minute.
- Transfer it in a tissue paper,cool it for sometime and then slightly break it into pieces.
- Store it in an airtight container.
You may also add a tsp of chilly powder if you want.