I had tasted set dosa several times in South Indian restaurants as a kid.I used to find it very difficult to finish the whole set, as set dosa is always served in a set of 3 dosa's.Set dosa sets well in our stomach too,yes it is a very filling breakfast.I adopted this recipe from Anjana ji's blog.The minute she has posted I had decided to prepare it and added in my to do list.This recipe is definitely a keeper.
Recipe adapted from:Maayeka
Dosa rice-3 cups
Beaten rice-3/4 cup(poha)
Urad dal-1/4 cup
Sabudana or tapioca pearls-1 1/2 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds-1 tsp
Water-1 1/2 cup
Cooking soda-1/2 tsp
Salt- to taste
- Soak dosa rice,urad dal,fenugreek seeds and sabudana for 3-4 hours.
- Soak beaten rice separately for 10 minutes.
- Wash the soaked ingredients well,drain water and add beaten rice.
- Mix curds and water together and make buttermilk.
- Grind the soaked ingredients with the buttermilk to a fine batter.
- Ferment it overnight by adding salt,sugar and cooking soda.
- Next morning spread a ladle of batter and take thick dosa.
- Fry on both the sides smearing oil before turning the dosa.
- Serve it hot with chutney.
Labels: Dosa corner