I have already posted the recipe of the normal idli long back.There are different types of idlies prepared.I came across this recipe in a food group where Archana Prabhu had posted it.The idlies came out super soft and good.I prepared chutney as a combination.
Recipe adapted from:Archies Authentic Touch
Urad dhal-1 cup
Idli rawa-3 cups
Beaten rice(thin poha)- 1 cup
Salt- to taste
- Soak beaten rice for 10 minutes and drain water.
- Soak urad dhal for 2-3 hours and grind it well with soaked poha.
- Wash idli rawa well,mix it with the ground urad to a fine and fluffy batter.
- The batter must be of pouring consistency,don't add too much water while grinding.
- Ferment it overnight.
- Next morning add salt to taste and beat it well.
- Grease idli moulds and steam it for 20 minutes.
- Serve it with chutney.
- To know more about idli and the cooking procedure click here.
- To prepare different chutney's click here.
- You may also wash and soak idli rawa for sometime,drain water and then mix it with the batter.
Labels: Breakfast, Idli