Pejje polo is a dosa and I was recently introduced to it. Heard it is a popular breakfast in the places of Karkal and Bantwal.I prepared it for the first time and liked it very much.I adapted this recipe from my friend Nisha Baliga Shenoy and got inspired to prepare it from my friend Pallavi Nayak.This is a concrete breakfast which fills your stomach to the fullest.I prepared ginger chutney as a combination....
Whole urad dhal-1 cup
Cumin seeds-1 tsp(optioanal)
Salt- to taste
Coconut oil- as much needed to smear the dosa.
- Soak whole urad and rice separately for 4-5 hours.
- Grind soaked urad first to a coarse paste.
- Transfer it in a vessel.
- Now grind the soaked rice coarsely like that of idli rawa.
- Mix both the batters and ferment it overnight.
- Next morning add salt to taste,cumin seeds(optional) and mix it well.
- It will resemble like a idli batter.
- Heat a tawa,spread a ladle of dosa,smear it with coconut oil,simmer and close the lid.
- After a minute,flip the dosa to the opposite side and roast it well.
- Serve it with chutney and coffee.
Labels: Dosa corner