I adapted this recipe from my FB friend Vidya Nayak Shenoy.This is a very easy recipe with mild flavours and I prepared this pulav for my kids tiffin and also packed for my cousins who were travelling.Though I could taste a tad bit of it,the pulao was filled with the aroma of whole garam masala and tasted awesome.
Basmathi rice-1 cup
Coriander leaves-2 tbsp,chopped
Ghee/oil-1 tbsp to fry paneer
Ingredients for the paste:
Ginger-1/2 " piece
Salt- to taste
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Wash the rice well and soak it in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile grind the ingredients mentioned under the paste to a fine paste.
- Marinate the paneer with the above paste for sometime.
- Heat ghee in a cooker,saute the whole garam masala for a minute.
- Add onions and fry until translucent.
- Add cashewnuts,soaked rice(retain the water) and fry for a minute.
- Add all the vegetables,tomatoes,salt to taste and the remaining marinated masala.
- Add the retained soaked water(2 cups),close the lid and take a whistle and off the flame.
- Heat a tbsp of ghee and saute paneer for sometime.
- You may also deep fry the paneer in oil ,but don't over fry as it will turn hard.
- Once the pressure releases,open the lid,add the fried paneer pieces and chopped coriander leaves and mix it well carefully.
- Serve it hot with raita or gravy.
- You may also add other vegetables like cauliflower,green peas,potatoes etc.
- If you are cooking it in a vessel,take a boil,check salt,once it starts boiling,close the lid, lower the flame and cook until done.