Khatta Meeta paneer is a dish with a combination of sweet,sour and spicy combination.It can be relished as a starter or as an accompaniment with the main course.I adapted this recipe from Kannada star Sihikahi Chandru's book.I modified the recipe as per my taste.The recipe is very easy and tasty.Goes well with roti or bread.
Paneer- 200 G
Green chillies-2.chopped finely
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
Pepper powder-a pinch
Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
Kashmiri chilly powder-1/2 tsp
Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Tomato sauce-2 tsp
Fresh cream-2 tbsp
Oil- 5 tsp
Coriander leaves-2 tbsp,chopped
Salt- to taste
- Cut the paneer into cubes and keep it aside.
- Heat 5 tsp oil and saute onions until translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes becomes mushy.
- Add all the powders one by one and saute for a minute on low flame,
- Add curds,saute it,add tomato sauce and fry for a second.
- Add paneer cubes,salt to taste,cashewnuts,fresh cream and cook in simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve it as a starter or with main course.
Labels: Veg starters