I have bookmarked so many recipes and the list is growing day by day.This is one of the bookmarked recipe from Divya's easycooking blog.And to celebrate this special occasion of Friendship day I baked these goodies...When it comes to baking Divya is my favourite blogger cum friend.... Choco chip cookies are my favourite cookies.I used to make it a point to carry it from Bangalore whenever I visited.I used to often buy it from the cookie shop in the forum mall.....Well Divya says this is not a pure authentic recipe of choc chip cookie but it is butter cookies with choco chips in it,but for me it tasted great and exactly like choco chip cookie.Here's wishing all my readers Happy Friendship Day!!! .....Friends are always there for each other......
Recipe adapted from :Easycooking
Sugar-1/2 cup powdered
Butter-1/2 cup(100 gms)
Choco chips-1/2 cup(90 gms)
Baking powder-1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence-1/2 tsp
If you find difficult to combine the dough add a tsp or 2 of cold milk or water and knead it together.
Divya Kudua says one may replace cornflour with 2 tbsp cocoa powder to get a chocolate flavour.
She also says we may use white choco chips instead of choco chips.
- Sieve both the flours and baking powder.
- Cream butter and sugar together with a fork.
- Add in the essence,sieved flour and choco chip.
- Knead it to a soft dough.
- Pre heat the oven for 10 minutes at 160 d C.
- Meanwhile rest the dough for 10 minutes.
- Make lime sized round balls from the dough and slightly flatten it.
- You may also prick some chco chips on the top.
- Arrange it in an ungreased baking tray keeping distance in between.
- Bake it for 20 minutes or until done.
Labels: Just bakes