Ashtami is celebrated in major part of India in grand scale.Lord Krishna loves Makhan/butter/benne, so dishes are prepared with butter in memory of lord.Murrukku is broken chakkuli/chakli.There are several recipes of the same.This recipe is very easy and the murrukkus came out crisp and tasty.In earlier days ladies of the household used to prepare sweets and crispies before the arrival of any festival in large quantities.Even now few follow the tradition....
Recipe adapted from:Sharmispassions
Rice flour-1 cup
Roasted gram-1 tbsp
Sesame seeds-1 tsp
Salt- to taste
Oil- to deep fry
- Roast the besan until you get a nice aroma for about 1 minute.
- Powder the roasted gram and use only 3 tsp of it.
- Sieve rice flour,roasted besan,gram flour.
- Mix butter,salt to taste,sesame seeds and the sieved ingredients.
- Add water little by little and make a sticky dough until all the ingredients incorporates together and doesn't stick the bowl.
- The dough should be soft.
- Grease the chakli press,use star shape impression and fill it with the dough.
- Heat oil,press the murrukkus directly in oil carefully without overlapping.
- Pause for few seconds and gently keep turning the murrukkus upside down.
- Roast it on both sides until crisp and golden in colour.
- Store it in an airtight container.
Some stepwise pictures: