On Mosurukudike day I was in a mood to prepare Murrukku's.I tried 2 different versions on the same day.One recipe which I posted yesterday and this is the second one which I tried from my Fb friend Nandini kini's recipe.Both came out equally good.The colour of this murrukku was slightly darker since chilly powder was added.It came out crunchy and tasty.For stepwise pictures refer Butter Murrukku.
Rice flour-1 1/2 cups
Roasted urad powder-1/4 cup
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Chilly powder-1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
- Sieve the dry flours.
- Take a mixing bowl and mix all the ingredients.
- Add water little by little and make a sticky soft dough and knead it until it combines well.
- Grease the chakli press,fill it with the dough.
- Heat oil,and drop the murrukkus directly in hot oil by adjusting the flame.
- Roast it on both the sides until crisp and golden.
- Store it in an airtight container.