When baking bug bites me I just cant stop myself.Well, I tried two versions of Nan Khatai on the same day.One was from Mrs Jaya V Shenoy's cookbook and other from my favourite blogger Divya Kudua's blog.Both came out equally good.Would want to try my hand in many other versions soon.I slightly overbaked this batch of nankhatai,but nevertheless it tasted damn crisp n tasty.
Recipe adapted from:Easycooking
All purpose flour/maida-1 cup
Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
Cooking soda-1/2 tsp
- Melt the ghee, cool it,add powdered sugar,cardamom powder and mix it well.
- Sieve maida and cooking soda and add it 2 tbsp at a time to the ghee mixture.
- Mix it well until all the dough comes together.
- Rest the dough for 1 hour or more.
- Preheat the oven at 170 Degree C.
- Pinch off balls of the same size from the dough and arrange it in an ungreased baking tray leaving space in between.
- Bake it for 20-22 minutes.
- Store it in an airtight container.