This is one of the healthy and rich North Indian dish with fresh fenugreek leaves and protein packed soya chunks in a creamy cashew gravy.The original dish called only for kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) but I had fresh ones in stock so I added that plus kasuri methi.I also added an additional tomato sauce for tangy taste.The dish tasted very yummy and I prepared Methi thepla as a combination.I was tempted to prepare this dish when my fb Friend Archana had posted this dish in a food group and she shared this recipe of Preethi Mukesh Rao to me.Preethi is one more awesome cook who comes out with tasty dishes and I have tried few dishes of Preethi.
Soya chunks-1 cup
Fenugreek leaves-1 1/2 cups,washed and chopped(Methi leaves)
Cashewnut paste-1/4 cup(Add water to the cashewnuts and make a paste)(Kaju)
Tomato sauce-2 tsp
Kashmiri chilly powder-1 tsp
Coriander powder-2 tsp
Garam masala powder-1 tsp
Haldi powder-1/4 tsp
Kasuri methi-1 tsp
- Cook the soya chunks in a pressure cooker adding salt for 1 whistle.
- Once the pressure releases,strain the chunks,allow it to cool and squeeze extra water and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and saute onions until pinkish.
- Add Fenugreek leaves and saute for 5-6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and saute it further.
- Add all the powders one by one and saute it for a minute.
- Lastly add cashew paste,soya chunks,1 cup water,salt to taste and tomato sauce.
- Adjust the consistency adding water and take a boil.
- Serve it hot with roti,rice or chapathi.
Labels: North Indian Gravies