Few days back this dish was the talk of the
town Facebook food groups.Most of them tried this dish and liked it .The original recipe was with Prawns,but vegetarians tried it with mushrooms,potatoes,thunder mushrooms etc.I too tried it with button mushroom as it was available in the house.The original recipe is of my fb friends Sandhya N Kamath and Aruna pai which is their Amma's speciality,Puttur special dish.Santoshi tried it with mushrooms and my kids liked it very much,so even I gave a try..Waiting to try with the prawns too.
Roasted long chillies-3
Roasted short red chillies-1
Garlic flakes-2 +10 flakes
Coconut oil-1 tbsp
- Grind together both the chillies along with 2 garlic and tamarind to a fine paste.
- Heat coconut oil,fry garlic(10 nos) until pinkish in colour.
- Add the ground chilly paste and fry for sometime.
- Add chopped tomatoes,sliced mushrooms,little water,salt to taste and cook it until done by keeping it simmer.
- Serve it with the main course,roti or dosa.