Finally succeeded in preparing eggless tiramisu in desi style.Though the method looks lengthy it is very easy to prepare.I started my preparation the previous night itself.I baked the cake and kept it ready.I also hung the curds and refrigerated it.So my job became easy on the Dday.You may also use ready made sponge cake to reduce the job.I adapted this recipe from Vahrevah.com.I reduced the quantity of the cake and baked it.I was in search of eggless tiramisu recipe since a long long time and finally found it.I wasn't sure about the result but was very thrilled with the outcome.Tiramisu is an Italian desert which is originally prepared with Mascarpone cheese and egg yolks.But I hate deserts with eggs plus we don't get mascarpone cheese either and vah chefs recipe suited best as per my needs.It is better to use springform tin to get better results.I used it for the first time and got good results.Tiramisu is a no bake desert and it means 'Lift me up' or 'Pick me up'.Last but not the least I dedicate this post to my papa on the occasion of Fathers Day :).Happy Fathers Day all !!!!
Ingredients for the sponge cake:
All purpose flour-1 1/4 cup
Baking powder-1/2 tbsp
Vanilla essence-1 tsp
Cocoa powder-1/4 cup
Ingredients for the custard:
Custard powder-3 tsp approx
Sugar- to taste
Ingredients for the fresh cream mixture:
Fresh cream-200 ml
Ingredients for the curd mixture:
Sugar- to taste
Hot water-2 tsp
Coffee powder-1 tsp
Grape juice-1/4 cup(use real or any brand)
Method for the cake:
- Preheat the oven for 180 d c and grease the baking pan.(Tray preferred)
- Sieve maida,baking powder and cocoa powder and keep it aside.
- Mix condensed milk,sugar and melted butter(melt the butter mentioned).
- Add sieved ingredients little by little and mix it well.
- Add vanilla essence and mix it,lastly add coke and mix it well.
- Add the batter in the greased pan and bake it for 25 minutes or until done.
- Cool it completely and cut it into fingers and keep it aside.
Method for the custard:
- Boil milk in a thick bottomed pan,add sugar and stir it.
- Add diluted custard powder and keep stirring until it thickens.
- Keep it aside.
Method for curd mixture:
- Transfer the curds in a muslin cloth and hang it for an hour or two.
- Transfer it in a bowl,add sugar and cream it together.
Method for the fresh cream mixture:
Method for the coffee decoction:
Mix all the ingredients together and keep it ready.
- Refrigerate the whipping blades in the freezer for 10 -15 minutes before hand.
- Refrigerate the fresh cream previous night and next day transfer it in a bowl,add sugar and whip it until it thickens.
- Keep it aside and refrigerate it until use.
How to assemble:
- Mix together fresh cream mixture,custard mixture and hung curd mixture together.
- Take a springform tin,soak the cake fingers in the coffee decoction slightly and arrange it as a base in the tin.
- Add the cream mixture and spread it all over the cake evenly.
- Repeat the procedure and the final top should be the cream mixture.
- Take a strainer and sprinkle cocoa powder all over the tiramisu.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Once set,slowly open the tin and slice it and gobble it as much as you want.