Paneer is rich in protein and is good for kids especially who dislike milk.I try my best to use paneer in our daily diet and the best way to utilise is to use them in the North Indian gravies.Though S and me are not great paneer lovers,I definitely make it a point to cook for my kids.This time I adapted this recipe from Jaya V Shenoy's recipe book.The gravy came out good and we had it with jeera rice .
Coriander seeds-2 tsp
Khus khus- 3tsp
Cinnamon- 1/2 "
Coriander leaves-1 bunch
Long red chilly-5-6
- Shallow fry paneer cubes in 1 tbsp of butter and keep it aside.
- Heat a tsp of oil and roast coriander seeds,coriander leaves,red chilly,2 chopped onions and grated coconut for 3-4 minutes.
- Grind the roasted ingredients with Shahijeera,cashewnuts,cloves,cinnamon,pepper and khus khus to a very fine paste.
- Grind tomatoes to a puree separately.
- Heat oil/ghee and saute 2 chopped onions until translucent.
- Add tomato puree and the masala and saute until the raw smell goes.
- Add water as much as needed to adjust the consistency,salt to taste and take a boil.
- Lastly add milk,paneer and cook further.
- Keep the gravy little thick.
- Serve it hot with roti or naan.
Labels: North Indian Gravies