Mushroom methi malai is a curry prepared with a combination of Mushroom and fenugreek leaves in a creamy gravy.The most common dish found in restaurants is methi mutter malai which is also one of my favourite dish but the twist here is instead of mutter(green peas) mushrooms are added and trust me this is even better than mutter.For all who those don't like mushroom can prepare it with mutter or even paneer.I had bookmarked this recipe long back from Aparna's blog and prepared it last week.
Recipe adapted from:Indian food and recipes
Fenugreek leaves-1 cup
Cashewnut powder-2 tbsp
Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
Fresh cream-1/4 cup
Milk-1/2 cup approx
- Grind ginger,garlic,onion and green chilly to a fine paste.
- Slice the mushrooms and chop the methi leaves.
- Fry oil in a pan and fry the above paste until the raw smell disappears.
- Add coriander and cumin powder,garam masala powder and fry for a minute.
- Add methi leaves and fry further for two more minutes.
- Add mushroom,cashew powder and salt to taste.
- Add milk,cover with a lid and cook and until it gets cooked.
- Lastly add fresh cream and take a slight boil.
- Serve it hot with thepla,roti or naan.
Labels: North Indian Gravies