Schools have already reopened and the thought daily is tiffin recipes.I like to prepare anything that is quick and easy and in the meantime something that is packed with healthy nutrients.This is one of the healthy biryani and the kids will definitely like this.I borrowed this recipe from Santoshi and is one of my favourite biryani.
Basmathi rice-1 1/2 cups
Green peas-1/2 cup,fresh or frozen(boiled)
Chilly powder-1 tsp or to taste
Mint leaves-1/4 cup,chopped
Coriander leaves-1/2 cup,chopped
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Prepare the rice in a rice cooker with salt to taste and 2 tsp ghee and keep it aside.
- Take a non stick pan,heat remaining ghee and saute onions,ginger,garlic and cashewnuts until translucent.
- Add tomato puree and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add mint and coriander leaves and saute for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder,chilly powder and saute further for a second.
- Add cooked rice,green peas and salt if required,close the pan with a lid and keep it in simmer for 6-7 minutes.
- Serve it hot with raita.
You may also prepare this whole procedure in the cooker and take a whistle.
You may also prepare this with leftover rice.
You may also use readymade tomato puree instead of fresh tomato puree.