Gud gud Alambe means thunder mushrooms and is seasonal.We take as much advantage as we can with the seasonal goodies by cooking several dishes during the season.This is one of the North Indian dish cooked with alambe.I used to prepare alambe pulav often when button mushrooms were not available....This is again Seema D Shenoy's recipe.Please visit her facebook page "Seema's Dine Divine" where you will find lot of interesting recipe's.I like her recipes as it is simple and tasty.Same recipe may be prepared with paneer,babycorn,baby potatoes,button mushrooms etc.
Thunder mushrooms-2-3 cups,peeled
Tomato puree-1/2 cup(readymade or 3 tomatoes pureed)
Chilly powder-1 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
Oil- 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Tomato sauce-1 tsp
Salt- to taste
Coriander leaves-2 tsp,chopped to garnish
- Heat 1 tbsp in a pan,splutter curry leaves and cumin seeds.
- Add onion cubes and capsicum cubes,saute it for 5-6 minutes on high flame,transfer it into a bowl and keep it aside.
- In the same Kadai,heat 2 tbsp oil add tomato puree and ginger garlic paste and saute it until raw smell disappears.
- Add all the powders,mushrooms,and sauteed onion and capsicum cubes.
- Add salt to taste,tomato sauce,little water and cook it for few minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot.
Labels: North Indian Gravies