This is a dry curry cooked in Dum with the flavours of Mint and coriander leaves.Original recipe was Chicken biryani restaurant style by Vah Chef Sanjay tumma from vahrevah.com.Few years back my sister had introduced to me to this site and ever since that its in my favourite list...I prepared the biryani rice and the curry in dum separately and then gave the biryani dum later in microwave following my method..The chicken was perfectly cooked in dum though I was little worried.I modified the recipe as per my needs.For my method on chicken dum biryani in microwave dum method and the biryani rice refer here.
Recipe for the curry adapted from:Here
Chicken-150 gms,cut into medium sized pieces
Cashew paste-1/2 cup
Chapathi dough-to seal the pan(5 lemon sized ball approx)
To be marinated:
Coriander leaves-1 cup,chopped
Mint leaves-1 cup,chopped
Ginger garlic paste
Lime juice-2 tbsp
Golden fried onions-1/2 cup
Chilly powder-1 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tbsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Roasted cumin powder-1/2 tsp
To be powdered:
Dagad phool or lichen(Kalpasi)-1 tsp
- Powder all the ingredients mentioned to be powdered and keep it aside.
- Take chicken in a broad bowl, add the powdered garam masala and add all the ingredients except cashew paste and chapathi dough mentioned above.
- Marinate the chicken overnight in a refrigerator or 5-6 hours.
- Next day take a broad cooking pan and arrange the marinated chicken without overlaping one above the other.
- Close the lid and seal it with the chapathi dough tightly over the lid.
- Cook it in high for 5-6 minutes and then to be on the safer side keep a tawa on the flame first and then place the chicken pan over it and cook it for 35 minutes without disturbing while the cooking process is on.
- Once cooked off the flame,remove the dough,open the lid.
- Mine was perfectly cooked,if not cooked cook it further until done.
- Lastly add cashew paste and take a small boil and mix it well.
- Serve it hot with roti or naan or else follow Chefs or my method which I have mentioned above.
- You may also add few whole garam masala while marinating the chicken.