Few days back I had successfully prepared Dulce de leche from condensed milk and this is what I prepared out of it,my favourite bundt cake.Not to forget to mention,I baked this cake exclusively for my Aayi(paternal granny) on her birthday.She was very happy to see the cake though she doesn't eat them.She happily cut the cake and we,her grand and great grandchildren relished the cake on her special day.It was really a very special moment.She simply loved the shape of the cake.Coming back to the cake it was gooey,aromatic,tasty and super soft.I did a small blunder by keeping the baking temperature high for 10 minutes,so got a little darker crust on the top since I had baked lasagna the previous night and had forgotten to change the settings after pre heating.Nevertheless it was a super hit.
Recipe adapted from:Easycooking
All purpose flour-1 1/3 cup
Dulce de leche-1 cup(refer here)
Baking powder-3/4 tsp
Vanilla essence-1 tsp
Unsalted Butter-1 cup at room temp(200g approx)
- Sift all purpose flour and baking powder and keep it ready.
- Beat sugar and butter until it turns fluffy in a clean bowl.
- Next add dulce de leche and beat it until it gets well combined using an electric beater.*
- Whisk eggs in a seperate bowl and keep it aside.
- Add four mixture to the butter mixture little by little and mix it well.
- Now add beaten eggs,vanilla essence and salt and combine well.
- Grease a bundt pan well ,pour the batter in it.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 180 deg C(325F) for 30 minutes.
- Keep an eye while the baking is on and adjust the temperature accordingly.
- Once baked insert a skewer at the centre of the cake,if it comes clean,the cake is ready.
- One more indication is that, the cake will leave the sides and will turn spongy .
* I followed Divya's method by mixing half of the dulce de leche in the batter and half as the filling like here.