I often cook chicken delicacies every week for our kids and this time I tried Chettinad chicken masala from the blog Edible garden.The recipe was easy to prepare and all my folks at home relished it...I dedicate this dish to my fb friend Pallavi Nayak as she is a very sweet friend of mine and is passionate about cooking and eating, just like me.What say Pallu?
Chicken-1/2 kg cut into medium sized pieces
Chilly powder-2-3 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Roasted cumin powder-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder-1 tsp
Chicken masala powder-1tsp
Curry leaves-2 sprigs
- Heat oil in a pan,fry onions until translucent.
- Add curry leaves,minced ginger and garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add all the powders, fry further for a minute on low flame,add tomatoes and saute the tomatoes until it turns mushy.
- Add the cleaned chicken pieces,1 cup water and salt to taste.
- Higher the flame,take a boil,check salt and close the lid,lower the flame and cook until it gets cooked to 3/4th.
- Once it is 3/4 th cooked,higher the flame and cook until it becomes dry or adjust the consistency as you need.
- You may also add pepper powder and fennel powder if you like.
- You may also temper the dish with mustard seeds.(Will try it next time).
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.(optional)
- Relish it with rice or roti,