Soya pulav is my daughters favourite and I prepare it often with variations.This time I prepared it with mild flavour with very little spices and it came out very tasty.I served this dish with vegetable chilli milli.
Basmathi rice-1 cup
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Ghee-3 tbsp approx
Green chilly-2,slit into two
Soya chunks-1 cup
- Soak soya chunks in warm water for 20 minutes or until it becomes soft,squeeze the excess water and keep it aside.
- Soak the Basmathi rice for 10 minutes in water,drain and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a cooker,fry onions until translucent,add smashed garlic,spices,green chilly, Cashewnuts and saute for a minute in a low flame.
- Add rice and saute for one more minute further.
- Add soya chunks,salt to taste and water and take a boil.
- Check salt,close the lid and take exactly one whistle,simmer for 5 minutes and off the flame.