Its been a long time since I worked in the chaat zone.Chaats are always a all time favourite at our place and nothing like home made chaats.Palak Pathe means Spinach leaves.This is a chaat which is prepared with Spinach leaves.Spinach is good for health and rich in iron and other nutrients.I adapted this recipe from foodfood channel and modified as per my taste.The result came out so good I wanted to share the recipe immediately.It was sweet,spicy and crunchy.
Palak leaves-15 no's (spinach)
Ingredients for the batter:
Bengal gram flour-1 cup
Rice flour-1/4 cup
Chilly powder-1/4 tsp
Kalonji(Onion seeds)-1/4 tsp(I didn't add since I didn't have)
Salt- to taste
Water-as much as needed to prepare the batter
Ingredients for the garnish:
Sweet chutney-as per taste
Green chutney-as per taste
Chaat masala-as much needed to sprinkle
Chilly powder-as much needed to sprinkle
Coriander leaves-2-3 tbsp,chopped finely
Nylon sev-1/4 cup
Potato chips-few to garnish(optional)
Pomegranate seeds-1 cup
Sugar-1/4 cup approx
Kala namak-1/4 tsp(black salt)
- Wash the spinach leaves thoroughly and wipe it well or spread it on a plate.
- Add sugar, pinch of salt, pinch of chilly powder and kala namak to the curds and whip it slightly.
- Refrigerate the curds until use.
- Prepare the batter mentioned in the list to a slightly thick batter.
- Heat oil and meanwhile dip the spinach leaves in the batter and spread it on a plate.
- Drop the coated spinach in the smoking oil and adjust the flame so that it doesn't get burnt.
- Fry it on both the sides until crisp and light brown in colour and keep it aside.
How to proceed:
- Arrange 2-3 fried palak leaves on a plate.
- Spread chilled curds all over the leaves.
- Add sweet chutney,green chutney,chaat masala powder and chilly powder.
- Next add pomegranate seeds,sev,crushed potato chips and finally garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve it immediately.
Labels: Chaat zone