Most of us like mushrooms and mushroom cutlets,sounds interesting,isn't it?Well I had mushrooms in hand few days back and was planning should try something new and this recipe of Aparna's fell into my eyes and I immediately started preparing it the minute I saw it.Cutlets came out tasty though I felt it was little oily since mushroom even otherwise turns soggy when deep fried.I made minute changes in the recipe as per my needs and went ahead.
Potatoes- 2-3,cooked and mashed
Ginger garlic paste-1tsp
Garam masala powder- 1tsp
Cumin seeds-1tsp(I did not add this)
Coriander leave- 2tbsp
Breadcrumbs- 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Boil the potatoes,peel and keep aside.
2. Finely chop the onions, mushrooms, green chillies and coriander leaves.
3. Heat some oil in a pan and season with cumin seeds.
4. Add the onions and saute until transparent.
5. Add the ginger garlic paste along with the green chillies and fry for a minute.
6. Add the turmeric powder and mushrooms, cook until mushrooms are soft and the mixture is completely dry.
7. Add the salt, garam masala powder, amchur powder and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
8. When the mixture cools down a little mash the boiled potatoes and mix well.
9. Shape into flat rounds and keep aside.
10. Mix a paste of the cornflour with a little water,dip the cutlets in the cornflour mixture, coat with bread crumbs and fry in hot oil.
11. Serve with a chutney of your choice.
My note:I added fresh breadcrumbs(4 slices approx) directly to the dough and skipped the cornflour paste in the 10th step, and then I coated the cutlets with breadcrumbs and deep fried.