Green peas masala was always our childhood favourite dish which Papa used to get it from the Woodlands restaurant every Saturdays and Amma used to prepare her superhit vegetable Pulav.Yes that used to be the Saturday tradition.Recently while browsing few blogs I found similar green peas masala in Jeyashri's blog and I thought of trying it.The dish came out to be truly good,very near to the restaurant style.I prepared Puri as a combo for the breakfast and chapathi for the lunch.
Recipe adapted from:Jeyashri's kitchen
Green peas(frozen or fresh)-2 cups
Garam masala powder-1 tsp
Kasuri methi-1/2 tsp
To be fried and ground:
- Fry the ingredients mentioned under the list 'to be fried and ground' for 7-8 minutes and then grind it to a fine paste.
- Grind the cashewnuts along with the curds to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in pan and fry the onion paste for sometime,followed by cashew paste.
- Add garam masala powder,tomatoes,salt to taste and the green peas.
- Add water and adjust the consistency,take boil,add milk and simmer for few minutes.
- Lastly add kasuri methi and serve it hot.
- If using frozen green peas add directly,if using fresh ones cook it and add.
- I used fresh frozen green peas which I had stored,cooked it for few minutes and added.
Labels: North Indian Gravies