Dulce De Leche is pronounced as DOOL-se-de Le-che.It is a thick sauce or syrup which means milk jelly in Spanish.I first came across this New thing in Divya's blog last year and was very tempted to try that ever since I saw that.The main ingredient of this sauce is condensed milk.I followed the instructions exactly as Divya suggested and the procedure was easy peasy.And when I tasted the final product it was heaven.Though the name sounds little difficult to pronounce the taste is super.For more information refer wiki.To know what I exactly did with this goodness stay tuned.
Recipe adapted from:divyascookbook.com
Condensed milk-1 tin(I used milkmaid)
Few stepwise pictures:
- Remove the plastic lid from the jar if it is there or else skip this step.(I used milkmaid so I didn't have to)
- Fill a pressure cooker half way through.
- Immerse the can into the pressure cooker and close the lid.
- Switch on the gas on high,wait for the steam to come and then put on the weight.
- When you hear the first whistle,simmer the flame and let it cook for 30-45 minutes(depending on how thick you want the dulce de leche to be).
- I followed Divya's suggestion and cooked for 30 minutes.
- Switch off the gas and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Let it cool completely and then open the jar.
- If you are not using it immediately refrigerate it until use and use it in whichever recipe you want or relish it just like that :)
Labels: How to?