Belated Mothers day dear readers :).Baked this Pure chocolatey cake yesterday on the occasion of Mothers day and to welcome my sonny boy who is returning from UAE today.Well,Sanju didn't have patience to wait until this morning,so the cake was already cut before Praths reached home.Well not to forget to mention,even I was very tempted to test the texture and the taste. Sanju gave full marks and that is more than enough. Sanju says I search reasons to bake cake,do I ?Again this
cake recipe was in my to do list and I'm happy that it turned out super good.I adapted this recipe from my favourite baker friend Divya Kudua's blog and when I choose her recipe I can simply close my eyes and bake.Yes we don't have to worry of the outcome,it will be simply perfect. Divya you are right, anybody can reach into a chocolate nirvana by eating this.The cake cutting ceremony was done again for the second time this morning by Praths this morning.Happy we :)
Recipe adapted from-divyascookbook.com
All purpose flour-1 cup
Dark chocolate-125 gms,chopped or grated(I used bournville)
Unsalted butter-125 gms
Hot water-1/4 cup
Baking soda-1/2 tsp
Instant coffee powder-1 tsp
Cocoa powder-1/4 cup(I used Hintz)
- Pre-heat the oven at 175 deg C for 15 minutes.
- Sieve all purpose flour,cocoa powder and baking soda and keep it aside.
- Mix sugar and coffee powder in hot water until it melts.
- Heat dark chocolate and butter in simmer until it melts stirring all time so that it doesn't get burnt.
- Cool the chocolate mixture and mix it in the sugar mixture.
- Add the sieved ingredients little by little and mix it thoroughly.
- Lastly add one egg at a time and mix it and beat it well.(I used an electric beater at this stage).
- Grease the baking tin and pour the batter in the bowl.
- Bake it at 175 deg C for 30 minutes.
- Cool it completely and cut it and enjoy it with ice cream or just like that.