Anda lal masala is a spicy egg preparation.I adapted this dish from my facebook friend Kudpi maam whose the owner of the lovely space Kudpiraj's garam tawa.I modified the recipe slightly as per taste.I have mentioned the modifications in my notes.Below here is the exact recipe on how maam has shared.The recipe came out very tasty and spicy and reminded me of ghee roast.
Hard boiled eggs - 4
Red Chilli paste - 4 Tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 Tsp
Tamarind extract - A small ball in 30Ml water
Kasoori Methi - A pinch(Optional)
Corainder powder - 1 Tsp
Turmeric Powder - A pinch
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 Tsp
Salt - To Taste
Oil - 2-3 Tsp
Curry leaves - 1/2 sprig
Coriander leaves - To garnish
- Peel and cut the hard boiled eggs into halves.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry curry leaves followed by
ginger garlic paste and red chilli paste.
- Add salt to taste, optional Kasoori methi, all the
powders and tamarind extract.
- Fry well till raw smell disappears and oil leaves
- Sprinkle little water to keep the masala thick but
- Finally arrange the egg halves with cut side up and
cover with the masala.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Red Chilli paste:
- Soak 30-40 red long chillies in hot water for 30
- Grind with little salt and vinegar to a smooth
- Store in a fridge and after two days, transfer to
- This paste can be used in many Indian and Chinese
- I used 9 eggs.
- I used 12 long red chillies and ground the paste finely and added 3 tsp vinegar later while sauteing masala.
- I used 4-5 tbsp of tomato sauce to adjust the spice and lastly added boiled eggs(halved) and sauteed for few minutes.