Rulama bhakri is a popular breakfast of the GSB's.It is also known as Sajjige rotti and is a famous Mangalorean dish too.There are few variations in the recipe.At times I add grated cucumber or chopped onion.This is one of my favourite dosa.This is a thick dosa which can be relished with the home made butter.I like to eat just like that.
Fine semolina/ Bombay rawa-2 cups
Jaggery-1/4 cup or according to taste
Ghee-to smear the dosa
Water- 1 1/2 cups approx
- Pulse grated coconut and green chilly for few seconds until the green chilly gets minced in a mixer.
- Take a bowl,add rawa,coconut mixture,jaggery,salt to taste and water and make a thick batter.
- Add water little by little.
- Add grated cucumber at this stage if you want and mix it.
- Heat a griddle,spread a ladle of batter carefully,smear a tsp of ghee over the dosa and close the lid.(simmer the flame).
- After a minute or two open the lid and roast the dosa on the opposite side until brown spots appears.
- Serve it hot with home made butter.
Labels: Dosa corner