Butter naan is my all time favourite flat bread.It is a popular dish of North India.Traditionally it is prepared in the tandoor. But this recipe is with the tawa. I have also tried the method of sticking the naan to the tawa with the water and roasting it directly over tawa. Comes out good.I prepared this naan long time back with the combo of butter chicken.
All purpose flour(maida)-2 cups
Water or milk-1 cup
Salt- to taste
White sesame seeds(til)-2 tsp
Parsley-2 -3 tsp
Butter-as much as needed to apply to the naan
- Mix yeast and sugar in lukewarm water and leave it aside for 10 minutes to proof.
- Once it starts to bubble add maida,salt and curds and start kneading the dough.
- Add melted butter and knead it further.
- Keep it aside for an hour in warm place.( I kept it in the microwave).
- After an hour the dough will rise,punch it again mildly,do balls,flatten it,dip it in white til and parsley and roll it into a naan.
- Roll it thick,pull one end of the roti to get an oval shape.
- Fry it in a griddle on both the side.
- Once done you may also roast it directly on the flame with the help of the tongs,apply butter on both the sides of the naan.
- You may also cook it in a pre heated oven until it browns at 180 degree C on the broiler mode applying little butter on top,once you see the the brown spots appear flip it on the opposite side and repeat the procedure.