Few days back I had posted Mangalore buns,and today this is one more recipe of buns prepared with a combination of whole wheat flour and all purpose flour.I adapted this recipe from Kudpiraj's garam tawa and I totally agree with Kudpimaam that this buns is healthier over Mangalore buns.I prepared these buns the moment I saw Kudpi maam's post,so I need not give much explanations on this,which means it was appealing to the core ...These buns can be had with chutney,gravy or just like that.My son enjoyed this leftover chicken sukkha.I love to relish it with strong filter coffee.
Recipe adapted from:Kudpirajs garam tawa
Whole wheat flour-3 cups
Cooking soda-1 tsp
Mysore(Salem) or Yelakki banana-2-3,small
Buttermilk -1/2 cup
- Take the buttermilk in a wide bowl and dissolve sugar,salt and cooking soda.
- Add both the flours,mashed banana,butter and knead it to a soft dough.
- Add water or buttermilk if required and see that the dough is not too watery nor hard.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and keep it out overnight.
- Next morning punch the dough again,pinch big lemon sized balls and roll it into thick discs.
- Heat oil and slide the buns in the hot oil and fry it in hot oil until golden brown on both the sides.
- Serve it hot.