Special Satay sauce or peanut sauce is a must to be served with Chicken Satay.The main ingredient of this sauce is peanut.I used readymade peanut butter in the recipe which gives an extra punch.I adapted this recipe from my sister Shanta Nayak which she experimented few months back.I do not know whether this is a traditional recipe,but this tastes excellent with a sweet and spicy punch and very easy to prepare.This sauce may be enjoyed with the veggie delights too.
Ingredients for the paste:
Long red chillies-5-6 (soak in warm water for 10 minutes)
Coriander powder-2 tsp
Oil -2 tsp to fry the masala
Peanut butter-2 tbsp(I used sundrop)
Crushed raw peanuts-2 tsp(Optional)
Brown sugar-1/4 tsp
- Paste all the above ingredients mentioned under ingredients for the paste .
- Heat oil in pan and fry the above paste for 5 minutes until the raw smell disappears.
- Next add soya sauce,peanut butter and crushed peanuts and continue to saute.
- Add water,sugar and salt to taste.
- Take a boil and take it off the flame and serve it with the Chicken satay.
Labels: Chutneys and dips