Puri or Poori is a popular breakfast all over India and we,GSB's prepare it with potato bhaji more often.This is a very common recipe so I delayed it till now.But I felt my blog is incomplete without this famous dish.There are lot of combos served with puri like puri-sagoo,puri-kurma,puri-chana masala ,Puri-shrikand,Puri-Aamras etc.But the fast moving combo is Puri -bhaji.I will update this post with different combos as and when I prepare the same.Puri is served in most of the functions too.Most of the kids relish it very well...March month is a very difficult month since the atmosphere is filled with exams,exams and only exams.So I have already started digging my albums to post new recipes which I hadn't posted so far.Waiting to cook many bookmarked goodies.Until then stay tuned :)
Wheat flour-2 cups approx
Water-as much as needed to knead the dough
Oil-to deep fry
- Add water in a wide bowl,add salt and sugar and mix it until it dissolves.
- Add flour little by little and knead it into medium soft dough.
- See that the dough is not sticky nor too hard.
- Pinch lemon sized ball,make it into balls,slightly flatten it and roll it into small discs about 5-6 cm in diameter as shown in the picture.
- Roll it medium thin, not too thick nor too thin.
- Heat oil and slide the puris in the hot oil,using a perforated ladle press the puri at the centre to puff up and turn it to the opposite side and fry until golden yellow for few seconds.
- Transfer it into a colander where the kitchen tissue is laid to absorb the excess oil.
- Adjust the flame when you drop the puri's in oil.
- If the puri's are puffed right it means it is perfect.
- Serve the puri hot .