This is a popular dish of Kerala which is most commonly served with Aapam. Recently my FB friend had posted this dish in a food group which she had adapted from the net and I borrowed the recipe from her adjusting the ingredients as per my needs.This dish came out super good.I prepared chapathi as an accompaniment.Eggs are filled with loads of protein and this dish is very
Eggs-8,boiled and halved
Curry leaves-10-15 leaves
Coriander powder- 2 tsp
Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder- 2 tsp
Chilly powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves-few to garnish
- Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds,add ginger,green chilly and garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add onions and fry until golden in colour,add curry leaves ,chopped tomatoes,close the lid,lower the flame and saute for for few minutes until the oil separates.
- Add all the powders and saute for a minute.
- Add 2 cups water approx,salt to taste and take a boil.
- Add eggs,close the lid and simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.