Whenever I miss Alambe buthi I prepare Mushroom buthi. Now you'll might wonder what is Alambe. Alambe means thunder mushroom in Konkani which is available only during the first month of monsoon. Don't worry friends,I will post the recipes on the same during the season.So to satisfy my untimely urge I prepared this dish, but tastewise both are equally good. Buthi means masala prepared with coriander seeds and lots of onions are used in the tempering.This is a popular GSB dish.Other types of buthi's prepared are cabbage buthi,onion buthi etc.Now don't tell me buthi sounds like Bhooth(ghost), lol. Jokes apart, the best combo with this dish is Dhali thoy.My Amma used to prepare this often and I learnt to prepare this dish from her.The same recipe is prepared with the thunder mushroom that is Alambe.
Button mushroom-1 packet,200 g
Ingredients for the masala:
Grated coconut-1 1/2 cups
Short Red chilly(roasted)-3
Long red chillies(roasted)-4
Coriander seeds-2 tsp
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned above to a medium thin masala adding little water while grinding.
- Keep the masala dry(Sukha),don't make it too thin.
- Heat oil in kadahi and fry 2 tbsp onion until red in colour.
- Add the remaining onions and fry till it fades .
- Add chopped mushrooms,little water,close the lid,simmer the flame and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and the masala,little water and saute it for 5-6 minutes,close the lid and cook further for 5 minutes.
- Serve it hot with the main course.
Below here is the thali which contains rice,Dhali thoy,green Amaranth leaves stir fy,Seer fish rawa fry and Mushroom/Alambe buthi.