I adapted this recipe from a food group where the original recipe was with paneer.I made slight changes as per my taste.This dish goes well with jeera rice,Methi thepla or dosa.Capsicum and onions is added at the end of the recipe in order to retain its crunchiness.My kids love dishes prepared with mushroom,so I pick a packet of mushroom whenever I find fresh ones in the market.You may prepare this dish with paneer too.
Button mushroom-1 packet,200 g,chopped and cleaned
Long red chilly-1,chopped into bits
Chilly powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Cumin powder-1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder-1 tsp
Salt- to taste
Coriander leaves-2 tbsp,chopped
Fresh cream-3 tbsp
Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Make paste of green chilly and garlic.
- Heat ghee in a pan and saute green chilly - garlic paste for a minute.
- Add red chilly bits,saute for a second,add onion puree and fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Add chilly powder,turmeric powder,cumin powder,garam masala powder and fry half a minute.
- Add tomato puree and fry until the raw smell disappears.
- Add onions,capsicum,mushroom,water and salt to taste,close the lid and cook until the mushroom gets cooked,lastly add fresh cream and give it a stir.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Labels: North Indian Gravies