"Madhurai malli dosa"when the name itself is so beautiful, no doubt about the taste too,it tastes absolutely The Best.As I had mentioned in my Taj mahal rotti post that I will be posting recipes of Shyamala Kini akka as and when I prepare the same,this is one of her signature
dosa dish.This dosa is one of the best dosa I have cooked so far.I had bookmarked this recipe a year and half back but could not prepare it somehow.My son enjoyed this dosa thoroughly and so did we.This recipe is definitely a keeper.This dosa is light,crisp and yum.It has a slight taste of Aapam too..Thanks a lot Shyamala Kini Akka for your awesome recipe.
Black gram dal(urad)- 1 cup
Idli rice-2 cups(I used dosa rice,normal white rice is also fine)
Fenugreek seeds-1 tsp
Tur dal(Split red gram)-fistful
Cooked rice-1/2 cup
Oil-to smear the dosa
Salt- to taste
Sugar- a pinch
- Soak all the ingredients except poha and cooked rice for 5-6 hours.
- Soak the poha separately for 10 minutes.
- Wash the soaked dals and rice and grind all the soaked ingredients along with the cooked rice, to a smooth batter using water as much as needed.
- Ferment it overnight or 6-7 hours.
- Heat a griddle and spread a ladle of batter in a circular manner,smear oil over the dosa and close the lid and simmer it for a minute.
- Open the lid,higher the flame and roast it until brown spots appear and the dosa turns crisp.
- Transfer it to a plate and serve it hot with chutney and coffee.
- Dosa to be cooked on one side only,you may cook it on the opposite side also if you desire.
My son enjoyed his breakfast with a glass of fresh watermelon juice.
I enjoyed it with leftover mushroom masala.
Labels: Dosa corner