I adapted this recipe from Santoshi where the original recipe is of nothing but Masala dosa. But the twist here is,I smeared only a layer of Masala Dosa Garlic chutney on the dosa which tasted truly good.This dosa comes out paper crispy.This dosa makes the best breakfast.You may serve it with chutney,gravy or sambhar.I love crispy dosa's.Do you?
Ingredients to be soaked:
Black gram dal(urad dal)-1 cup
Dosa rice-3 cups
Bengal gram dal-2 tbsp
Thick poha or beaten rice- 1/2 cup
Ghee- to roast dosa
Masala dosa garlic chutney-1/4 cup or as much as needed.
- Soak all the ingredients except beaten rice for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Once it is soaked wash the soaked ingredients,drain water,soak the beaten rice for 10 minutes.
- Grind all the ingredients along with soaked beaten rice to a smooth batter.
- Ferment the batter overnight or 6-7 hours.
- Next morning adjust the consistency of the batter,add salt and sugar to taste.
- Heat the tawa,wipe it with a damp cloth,take a ladle of batter and spread it thinly.
- Drizzle a tsp of ghee all over the dosa and close the lid.
- After 2 minutes, once the dosa is cooked and roasted (brown spots appears on the top),open the lid,spread a tsp of chutney all over the dosa,fold the dosa and fry on the opposite side once and serve it crisp and hot.
- You may also prepare masala dosa with this dosa batter.
- Every time you spread the dosa wipe it with a damp cloth.
Labels: Dosa corner