Its been such a long time I have baked anything and I miss baking so badly.Yesterday was my
Happy Birthday readers.All I could do was bake a simple cake since my house atmosphere is on exam mode.And baking something new was a great risk due to time consumption,but if the recipe is from Divya's blog one can blindly go ahead without any fear and that's what I exactly did.I had bookmarked the recipe long back and followed the instructions exactly how she mentioned.The result was successful without any doubt and I am a huge fan of Chocolate so are my darlings at my place.There was absolutely no time to decorate the cake and I randomly took pictures.Few more days to go and Ill be back in action.And coming to the conclusion of this post I would like to give my vote of thanks and thank all my readers for all the support and the likes.I will try my best to do still better in the future.
Recipe adapted from:Easycooking
Original recipe:Divine taste
All purpose flour-200 g(1 3/4 cup)
Cocoa powder-50 g(1/2 cup)
Milkmaid-1 tin,400 g
Vanilla essence-1 tsp
Baking powder-2 tsp
Baking soda-1 tsp
- Grease and line a 9" square tin with a butter paper.
- Pre heat the oven at 150 deg C for 15 minutes.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Make a well at the centre of the dry mixture and add all the wet ingredients and using an electric beater beat it until smooth and see there are no lumps.
- Don't over beat the batter as the texture of the cake might turn hard.
- Pour the cake into the greased cake tin and bake it for an hour at 150 deg C.
- Cool the cake for few minutes and turn it upside down,cool it completely before you cut the cake into pieces.
- Please keep checking the cake between the intervals and insert a bamboo stick at the centre to check if it is baked,if the stick comes out clean the cake is baked.
- You may also decorate the cake with icing or just sprinkle powdered sugar.