Potatoes-1 kg or as much as needed
Oil-to deep fry(1 1/2 cup approx)
Pepper powder-as per taste
Chilly powder-as per taste(1/4 tsp approx)
- Mix the spices like salt and chilly powder or salt and pepper powder and keep it aside.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly,peel it and wipe it thoroughly with a clean towel.
- Heat the oil until it smokes.
- Meanwhile grate the potatoes in the chips maker and spread it in a clean towel and wipe out any extra moisture.
- You may also drop the gratings into the oil directly.
- Now drop the grated chips one at a time without crowding in the oil on a medium flame and then higher the flame.
- Use a slotted spoon and fry the chips until light and crispy on both the sides.
- Transfer it into a colander where kitchen napkin is spread to absorb the excess oil.
- After 5 minutes add the spice mix as per your combination and mix it lightly.
- Store it in an airtight container.
- You may add only salt to the chips too.
- You may use a regular chips maker or slice the potatoes into thin slices and deep fry if you do not have a grater.