This recipe, again takes me back to my childhood days.This is one of the recipe which I would cook often.I adapted this recipe from my best friend's Mom,Poornima aunty.Yes she is the first person who shared the recipe of the famous chicken dum biryani and the second recipe is this which I continue to cook even now.This is one of the easy peasy recipe and there is no complications with the ingredients too.The main ingredient in this recipe is black peppercorns and the onions.The gravy tastes yum with the caramelized onions and the peppery taste of the pepper,so it is a blend of onions and peppercorns.I prepared this yesterday on my daughter Sanju's wish.This is her favourite dish after chicken dum biryani.
Chicken -1 kg
Ghee-2 tbsp approx
Peppercorns-2 tbsp approx,coarsely ground(I used a mortar and pestle)
- Heat ghee in a pan or cooker and fry onions until reddish in colour.
- Add chicken pieces,pepper and salt to taste.
- Add 1/4 cup water and close the lid of the pan or the cooker.
- Take a whistle and simmer it for 5-7 minutes if you are cooking in cooker or else cook it until done if you are cooking it in a vessel.
- Keep the dish dry,if there is any stock higher the flame and reduce it until dry or thick.
- Adjust the pepper according to your taste.