Chicken ghee roast is a favourite dish at our place.There are various recipes of this sizzling dish.This time I adapted this recipe from Kudpiraj's Garam tawa .The original recipe was of Prawn ghee roast.The result was top.Received a thumbs up from my people.My son gorged it thoroughly.I had prepared prawn ghee roast long back,much before blogging.
Recipe adapted from:Kudpiraj's Garam Tawa
Ingredients for the marinade:
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Pepper powder-1/4 tsp
Homemade ghee-2-3 tbsp or more
To be ground to a paste:
Short red chilly(roasted)-20
Long red chilly(roasted)-7-8
Tamarind- cherry sized
Coriander seeds-2 tsp(roasted)*
Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp(roasted)*
Fenugreek seeds-8-10 seeds(roasted)*
- Marinate the chicken with the ingredients written under the same for 8-1 0 hours or overnight.
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned under "to be ground" to a smooth paste.
- Cook the marinated chicken in a cooker for 1 whistle and simmer for 5 minutes and off the flame.(You may cook it in a wide vessel too)
- Once the pressure releases,open the lid and keep it on high flame and dissolve all the stock.
- In a separate pan heat ghee and fry the ground masala until the raw smell disappears for atleast 10-15 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken pieces and salt to taste and cook further in simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon wedges,
Fry the ingredients marked as * in a tsp of oil,one by one until brown in colour.
Roast the red chillies in 2 tbsp approx oil separately until crisp.