Tomato rice


Tomato rice is one of my daughters favorite rice.I have been preparing this easy peasy recipe since many years.This recipe was shared to me by my neighbor .Again as usual I found this picture in one of my folder and I'm sharing it with you'll.This rice  can be had as a  breakfast and makes a great tiffin recipe too.Goes well with raita.


Ingredients:
Basmathi rice-1 cup
Onions-2.sliced
Tomatoes-2,ripe,pureed
Cashewnuts-1/4 cup,bits
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder-1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
Chilly powder-1 tsp
Coriander leaves-few,chopped
Ghee- 2 tbsp
Salt-to taste

Method:
  1. Wash the rice and soak for 20 minutes,drain and keep it aside.
  2. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and fry onions until translucent.
  3. Add tomato paste,ginger garlic paste and all the powders and saute for sometime.
  4. Add soaked rice, Cashewnuts,salt to taste,coriander leaves and water.
  5. Take a boil,check salt and close the lid,exactly take a whistle and off the flame.

Labels: