I first saw this pathrode or pathrade in the TV cookery show by my favorite chef none other than Sanjeev Kapoor.Khana khazana was the first cookery show that I ever watched, enjoyed and used to never miss a single episode and used to jot down the recipe and miss many ingredients because of my slow speed in writing.I first tried his biryani recipe when I was in college and it turned out to be super spicy,but yet tasty.How can anyone forget his famous dish Shaam savera .His show was truly magical.My dream is to meet him someday...We,GSB s are famous in preparing Colocasia or taro leaves pathrode.My sister D who lives in Canada makes the best pathrode with Chard leaves.Traditional way is very different from this method.
Ingredients to marinade:
Bengal gram flour-1/2 cup
Chilly powder-1 tsp
Rice flour-2 tbsp
Oil-to roast pathrade
Rice flour-1/4 cup approx
- Wash,clean and chop the spinach leaves.
- Drain the water completely and add all the above ingredients under marinade.
- Bind the mixture until it forms a lump like mixture and shape it into oblong shape.(Check the pic).
- Steam it for 10- 12 minutes and then remove it out.
- Cool for few minutes,cut it into slices,dust it in rice flour and shallow fry it in a griddle adding oil and roast until crisp.
- You may also deep fry the pathrade.