Eggless golden yellow cake

Oh my! this cake is such a beauty..Ever since I saw this cake in Divyas blog I wanted to bake it the same time,but I didn't have a proper Bundt tin as I wanted it, then.I ordered the silicone bundt pan online India  few days back and I got it a week later  after I ordered .This is the first time I baked in a silicone pan and I am so glad the result came  out excellent. When I unmoulded the cake ,it came out smoothly just  like a set jelly  without a crack...Few years back my friend L  had introduced me to  her co sister's   Easy cooking blog.Ever since that I always admired her baking skills and visited her blog to the  maximum.She is one of my true inspiration for my blog too.I have bookmarked many recipes from her blog which I will try out in the coming days.Thank you Divya for your wonderful Easy Baking recipes and thanks L for introducing me to her blog.The cake come out soft and tasty, but my daughter likes chocolaty cakes,so got to try some chocolate recipes  with this mould soon. I dedicate this cake to Divya Kudua for giving us wonderful recipes  and Happy 3rd month bday to my baby blog !

Recipe adapted from:Easycooking


Ingredients:
Flour-1 ½ cup(170 gms)
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Baking soda-1/4 tsp
Milk-1 cup 
Sugar-3/4 cup(170 gms)
Custard powder-1/2 cup(I used Vanilla)
Butter-1/2 cup
Tutti fruity-1/4 cup(mix it in 2 tsp maida)
Vanilla essence-1 tsp




Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 160 deg C/325 deg F.
  2. Sieve all the dry ingredients  together and keep it aside.
  3. Grease and line a 7” round cake cake tin.(I used Bundt pan).
  4. In a sauce pan,heat the milk,add in the sugar and melt it completely,switch off the flame and cool to room temperature.
  5. Add in the custard powder and whisk well.
  6. Put in the butter and whisk it further.
  7. Add in the flour mixture little by little and beat it until smooth removing all the lumps.
  8. Add the essence and fold in the cherries and mix it until it gets blended well.
  9. Pour in the prepared batter into the greased cake tin and bake for 30-35 minutes,insert the toothpick at the centre of the cake,if it comes out clean ,the cake is done.
  10. The recipe called for  55-60 minutes baking time,but mine baked within 35 minutes.

I used Ghidni Italy deep savarin cake mould ,23 cm which I had orderd online India from Urban dazzle.com.



Labels: